Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Weekend Once Again

This week began our first few days of actual office work. We spend all day every day on the phones and on our computers trying to book screenings for our segments of fall tour. I have been assigned to the state of Washington, focusing mostly on Seattle--though I do have some screenings in Vancouver, WA and Spokane, WA.

It's so bizarre to be on the receiving end of these screening agreements. I'm always quick to send mine in--the office contacting me months ahead of time so the roadies don't have to. Now here I am booking for my own tour and people are very slow to get back. Now I know how frustrating this can be for people in the office as they wait to hear back from contacts who don't invest the time and energy into booking a screening. It'll all work out in the end, though.

I'm becoming such a stalker, too. Facebook, cell phone, email, SalesForce, school phone, work phone, you name it, I will find it. Those lessons about how people can find you on the internet? you know, the ones I had in sixth and seventh grade? Yeah, now I'm using them to figure out how best to contact people in as many ways possible.

On another note, I haven't taken pictures of the roadie house yet. Nor have I taken pictures of the coffee shop where I spend a lot of time. Nor have I taken pictures of the office where I spend the rest of my time. Nor have I taken pictures of my teammates. Basically, I haven't done anything to document my time in San Diego yet. I apologize to all who are waiting to see my life.

AAAAAAAAAND (drumroll) I'm going to Uganda in 3 weeks! I'm going to be traveling with one roadie from nearly every roadie team to the town of Gulu in Northern Uganda where we'll see all of the Invisible Children operations and programs in action. It's going to be a fantastic experience, and a shocking one, but overall it will definitely help me on tour. To be able to give firsthand experience of the same things we're advertising on the road will strengthen our tour. I don't know what all to expect, but I do know that it's going to be as lifechanging as the rest of this internship if not more so.

1 comment:

  1. Pour ma part j'ai plus à découvrir des USA, que de l'europe. C'est vrai que la belgique et le luxembourg, j'habite à côté, au quotidien. Donc si un momment ou un autre, tu as l'occasion, de faire quelques clichés, "je suis preneur", comme on dit. Sinon c'est pas grave.

    En tous les cas, bonne aventure et bonne continuation. Cela à l'air vraiment palpitant

    ReplyDelete